SPF 30 Reef-Safe Sunscreen
Kuleana® Sunscreen helps protect your skin and our coral reefs while supporting environmental nonprofits in Hawaiʻi. This SPF 30 sunscreen is made from plant-based oils, minerals, and other reef-safe natural ingredients and does not contain ecologically harmful chemicals such as oxybenzone and octinoxate – two chemicals known to be toxic to corals and other marine life and recently banned by Hawaiʻi’s new sunscreen law. With a sheer, non-whitening zinc oxide formula, this gentle sunscreen lotion rubs in clear and can be worn with or without makeup – perfect to use daily with your Kuleana skincare products. In addition to its environmentally friendly formulation, Kuleana Sunscreen aims to support environmental organizations in the state through its membership in 1% for the Planet, a global organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. Because as we in Hawaiʻi know, our kuleana, our responsibility, is to protect our planet's natural environment.
- Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection.
- Water resistant for 80 minutes.
- Made with reef-safe natural ingredients; contains no harmful chemicals like oxybenzone or octinoxate.
- This sheer, non-whitening zinc oxide formula can be worn with or without makeup and is ideal for daily use with other Kuleana skincare products. The product contains an innovative “clear” zinc oxide which leaves no detectable nanoparticles in the final product. Because they are porous, the zinc clusters appear clear on the skin, eliminating the undesirable “whitening” appearance common with most non-nano zinc sunscreens.
- Formulated, tested and produced in an FDA-compliant facility.
- Made with natural, expeller-pressed Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Oil and Maui Sunflower Oil produced by our company in Hawaii; the sunflowers are farmed on Maui by our company.
- Other natural and nourishing ingredients include Aloe Extract, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Pineapple Fruit Extract.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or colors.
- Vegan, gluten-free, cruelty-free.
- This natural sunscreen product is family friendly. For children under 6 months of age, ask a doctor.
- Because this is a natural product, some settling may occur. Shake well before use.
- Made in the USA.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Zinc Oxide 15%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Ananas Sativa (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Galactoarabinan, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Isostearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Helianthus Anuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Glyceryl Abietate, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.
Kuleana® Sunscreen is a member of 1% for the Planet! Through our new 1% for the Planet membership, Kuleana Sunscreen will support the Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi beginning September 2018, in honor of the chapter’s 50th anniversary. The Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi actively works throughout the islands to stop climate change, ensure climate justice for all, and protect Hawaiʻi’s unique natural resources. And, when you volunteer with the Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi in the next year, you will receive an exclusive code for a 50% discount on our sunscreen purchased from KuleanaBeauty.com.
PICTURED: Pacific Biodiesel Co-Founder and Vice President Kelly King announced Kuleana® Sunscreen and its membership in 1% for the Planet that will benefit the Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi during its 50th Anniversary year; the announcement was made during the chapter’s anniversary event held September 8, 2018 on Oahu. Attending this 50th Anniversary event were (from left): Michael Brune, Executive Director, Sierra Club; Governor David Ige; Kelly King; Marti Townsend, Director, Sierra Club of Hawai'i.
About Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi
Formed in 1968, the Sierra Club of Hawaiʻi has over 20,000 members and supporters working throughout the islands to help people better explore, enjoy, and protect the planet’s unique environment and wildlife. The Sierra Club is the largest, oldest environmental organization in the U.S. The Sierra Club relies on volunteers to support outdoor education programs, trail and native species restoration projects, and grassroots advocacy for sound environmental policies. To learn more, visit SierraClubHawaii.org
About 1% for the Planet
1% for the Planet is a global organization that connects dollars and doers to accelerate smart environmental giving. Through business and individual membership, 1% for the Planet inspires people to support environmental organizations through annual membership and everyday actions. We advise on giving strategies, we certify donations, and we amplify the impact of the network. Started in 2002, today 1% for the Planet is a network of more than 1,500 member businesses, a new and expanding core with hundreds of individual members, and thousands of nonprofit partners in more than 60 countries. Its members have given more than $175 million to environmental nonprofits to date. Look for our logo and visit OnePercentForThePlanet.org to learn more.