SPF 30 Reef-Safe Sunscreen
Kuleana® Sunscreen helps protect your skin and our coral reefs. This new SPF 30 sunscreen is made only with locally grown plant-based oils, minerals and other reef-safe natural ingredients and does not contain the ecologically harmful chemicals found in most sunscreens. It is our responsibility, our kuleana, to protect ourselves, our keiki and our fragile marine environment for future generations. With a sheer, non-whitening zinc oxide formula, this sunscreen lotion rubs in clear and can be worn with or without makeup – perfect to use daily with your Kuleana skincare products.
- Offers broad-spectrum UVA/UVB SPF 30 protection.
- Made with non-whitening zinc oxide and reef-safe natural ingredients; contains no ecologically harmful chemicals.
- Water resistant for 80 minutes.
- Made with natural expeller-pressed Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Oil and Maui Sunflower Oil produced by our company in Hawaii; the sunflowers are farmed by our company in Maui’s central valley.
- Formulated, tested and produced by an FDA-compliant manufacturer.
- Other natural and nourishing ingredients include Aloe Extract, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter, Coconut Oil and Pineapple Fruit Extract.
- Contains no synthetic fragrances or colors.
- Vegan and cruelty-free.
- Made in the USA.
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS:Zinc Oxide 15%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Ananas Sativa (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Aqua (Water), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter,Cetearyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Galactoarabinan, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Isostearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Helianthus Anuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hydrogenated Glyceryl Abietate, Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Propanediol, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum.
RESEARCH & HELPFUL LINKS
Tips for Selecting Natural Sunscreens
Nano vs Non-Nano?
Hawaii Sunscreen Ban
- Lathering Up with Sunscreen May Protect Against Cancer - Killing Coral Reefs Worldwide - University of Central Florida
Toxicopathological Effects of the Sunscreen UV Filter, Oxybenzone (Benzophenone-3), on Coral Planulae and Cultured Primary Cells and Its Environmental Contamination in Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands - Springer.com